Becoming a member of Cleveland Beekeepers Association
The Cleveland Beekeepers Association is a forum for Apiarists who all share an interest in the honeybee and the production of home produced honey.
During the summer, meetings are held at members apiaries where apart from increasing our knowledge of beekeeping we also enjoy the company of people who share the same interest.
In the winter months (September to April), meetings are held indoors on the 3rd Monday of each month where speakers with a knowledge of beekeeping and its associated crafts are invited to address the Association.
Benefits of becoming a member of the Cleveland Beekeepers Association:
- We promote the craft of beekeeping and honey production by arranging lectures and demonstrations.
- Enjoy the friendship of other beekeepers at indoor meetings and at Apiary meetings.
- Practical help for beginners and others is always available.
- Take advantage of our bulk buying and get a discount on your beekeeping equipment purchases.
- Regular Newsletters from the Cleveland Beekeeping Association and the British Beekeeping Association.
- Receive information and advice leaflets and other literature, and have access to our Library.
- Arrange for members to receive courses of tuition leading to the examinations of the British Beekeepers Association.
- Provide professional diagnostic facilities in case of bee disease.
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Honey Shows at Cleveland Show and Stokesley Show.
- We run a Spray Liaison Committee with local farmers and growers.
- Work with other local Beekeepers Associations, the British Beekeepers Association, and to take part in their activities.
- Public liability insurance for all members.
- New beekeepers can take advantage of our Mentor system.
There are six classes of membership - most of these include membership of the British Beekeepers Association (see table)
Registered Full Members - Adult members who receive all the benefits of membership, including Public and Products Liability insurance under the BBKA Insurance Policy, BBKA News magazine and the CBKA Newsletter
Partner Members - Adult members residing at the same address as a Full Member. They receive all the benefits of membership, including Public and Products Liability insurance under the BBKA Insurance Policy, but not BBKA News magazine and the CBKA Newsletter.
Country Members - Members who do not keep bees but who wish to support CBKA and BBKA and receive BBKA News magazine and the CBKA Newsletter.
Associate Members - Any person who is already a Registered Full Member of another Beekeeping Association. Will not receive BBKA News magazine through CBKA membership, but will receive the CBKA Newsletter.
Junior Membership - Available to anyone under 18 years old. No capitation is paid to BBKA and therefore there is no insurance. Not eligible for BBKA News magazine but will receive the CBKA Newsletter.
Honorary Life Members - Any member who has performed distinguished service to the Association or to the general betterment of beekeeping may be elected by the Executive Committee to be an Honorary Life Member and shall thereby be entitled to free Registered Full Membership of the Association.
Membership for the year 1st November to 31st October
RENEWAL of FULL MEMBERSHIP - is £28, or £33 including a £5 surcharge if paid after 28th November. Save money and renew early! Includes British Beekeepers Association membership.
RENEWAL of ASSOCIATE, COUNTRY, PARTNER, or JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP is £18, or £23 if paid after 28th November.
NEW FULL MEMBERSHIP - is £28.
NEW ASSOCIATE, COUNTRY, PARTNER, or JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP is £18.
You can pay by BACS / internet banking
Account Name: Cleveland Beekeepers Association
Sort Code. 40 43 11
Account No. 91063758
Remember to put "mem your name" in the reference field
Download a membership form PDF Document ; Word Document
Please complete a Gift Aid Form (PDF) (.doc) so the association can reclaim tax on your subs (this only needs to be done once)
Please email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact:
Sal Mancina ( Membership Secretary), Tel: 01642 701638
Ian Peacock (Chair). email@example.com